What if you could lead your students in place-based problem solving, cutting edge systems-thinking,
and sustainable community design?
We Are The Forest Academy is a 4-unit, STEM curriculum that's aligned with national standards. Our teacher training course guides you in leading the academy with your existing classroom.
We Are The Forest is a place-based, Nature + STEM training academy facilitated in K-12 schools.
Together, with SEMIS Coalition and MI STEM, we are offering a 1-day We Are The Forest professional development workshop for teachers.
Workshop session topics will include:
- Connecting with place & Nature
- Map making & using iTree software to collect ecological data at school
- Systems thinking & the patterns of Nature
- Biomimicry & the genius of Beavers
- Designing green infrastructure solutions & proposals with students
- Keynote speech from Dr. Ethan Lowenstein, National leader in Place-Based Education
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, we have a number of full scholarships to offer teachers on a first come, first served basis. SCECH credits also available.
Please click the registration tab for more info.
Location: Washtenaw Intermediate School District - 1819 S Wagner Rd Ann Arbor, MI
Date: March 20, 2020
*A number of full scholarships are available. All teachers are strongly encouraged to apply for a scholarship in the registration form.
Copyright © 2020 We Are The Forest - All Rights Reserved.